This week is a pretty short post. Late one night, after all the demo of the kitchen and seeing how great the expanded foyer/kitchen door looked… and before the point of no return, I told Spencer that I thought the kitchen/dining room door needed to be expanded as well. He agreed, so the next day we went to Home Depot and purchased the materials. We built a header, removed the old and replaced it with the new. We did have to finagle some wires behind the drywall up near the new header – but it was more like moving them out of the way than anything serious.
That’s pretty much it: Making the header took maybe 30 minutes, getting it in place… another 5 at most. Most of the time (perhaps 3 hours total for this project) was spent moving the electrical over – which isn’t very fun when the previous electrician left very little to no give in the original wires.