Here is our 90% of the way almost-finished kitchen!
(But I think that’s close enough to warrant a reveal!)
We still need to address the basement stair door. On this wall, we expanded the doorway and removed the built-in pantry in order to add the tall Ikea cabinets…which still function as a panty – just a less imposing one.
We eliminated a good portion of the upper cabinets, but we added lower cabinets by the windows. We still have plenty of storage space actually.
Even though it looks essentially finished, we have a few things that still need to be done:
– make and install the concrete waterfall sides to the island (this is the big one)
– install lights above both windows
– finish caulking the baseboard
– sand & paint the spot on the ceiling (from when we moved the main light)
– replace or paint the basement door
– make & install the trim around the basement door
– make & install transition flooring strips for the basement door & dining room opening
We will be tackling those concrete counter waterfall sides for the island – but Spencer and I both decided to take a break for a while. Those countertops are labor intensive!